🤖 Experienced Machine Learning Engineer
🤖 The Job
Dataroots researches, designs and codes robust AI-solutions & platforms for various sectors, with a strong focus on DataOps and MLOps. As Machine Learning Engineer you're part of our dedicated in-house team of AI-specialists. You excel in building machine learning models which result in our robust and production-ready solutions to optimise company processes.
You love data and turning data inside out to reveal all its secrets. You are an expert in developing and implementing various statistical and machine learning models and you are in charge of controlling the performances of your models output. You love to experiment with different approaches to ensure your client the best-in-class solution. To achieve this, you collaborate closely with our data engineers and/or cloud architects on projects for various sectors, always with a quality focused, end-to-end approach. The result? Our teams provide clients a reliable foundation to make data-driven decisions.
As a senior you will also build and share knowledge with your colleagues. With initiatives like our rootsacademy or rootlabs, you have various chances to share your knowledge and keep up to date with the latest developments in the field.
🎉 What you can expect at dataroots
Ready to roll into your next adventure? Let’s meet! At dataroots we combine 100% focus with fresh and fun ideas. Our offices are the ideal workplace for people with a knack for innovation. Our languages? Python, Scala, R and HCL. What we speak when we're not coding? English, because with colleagues from Brazil or Serbia you'll enter an inspiring and internationally focussed team.
💪 The Skills
- You have a knack for Machine Learning and have attained a Masters or Doctorate in a quantitative field.
- You have a strong background and are opinionated on software design principles.
- You have at least 3 years experience in a field related to machine learning and big data.
- You have a strong theoretical basis and experience in general machine learning & deep learning.
- You are excellent in Python, knowledge of R or Scala is a bonus.
- You get excited by large amounts of data.
- You approach problems with a pragmatic mindset.
- You have strong communication skills and can translate complex solutions into clear and understandable explanations.
- You have a good overview over the (big-)data ecosystem.
- You speak English fluently, a word of Dutch or French is a plus.
Was this list a bit much? Don't worry, we don't expect you to tick every box from the beginning. Most of all we are looking for colleagues with the same passion for personal and team development as the rest of us.
💰. The Offer
- An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits such as a company car, fuel card, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, a high-end laptop and smartphone
- A personal & team training budget to further your professional career
- Trainings and seminars with your team and external experts to further sharpen your technical knife
- Sports and/or sushidates … We let of steam during our (virtual) drinks and monthly day@dataroots events #workhardplayhard
- Your own innovation budget to work on cool, education, challenging and/or opensource projects within your guild.
🇧🇪 Our offices are located in Leuven and Ghent. These locations are always available for brainstorm sessions or team events. As a dataroots consultant, you will occasionally be doing on-site visits at our clients. However, most of our work is done remotely.
Ready for a new chapter as a Machine Learning Engineer at dataroots? Super! Apply now! 🎉