Jobstudent Data Engineer
As a student you work closely in tandem with an experienced Data Engineer. You do not watch from the sidelines, but are given your own responsibilities such as unit testing, integration testing, and data quality testing. Do you want to learn the tricks of the trade from a real professional? Let's meet!
dataroots from Leuven and Brussels research, design and code AI solutions for numerous sectors. Our AI specialists experiment with open source data and tools to optimize business processes. We believe in the power of young Data Engineers. Data lovers unite!
At dataroots you end up in an IT hub that breathes innovation, data and digitisation. Our offices in Leuven and Brussels are the place to be for both novice and experienced programmers. Our IT language? Python and Scala. Our working language? That's standard English, because you join forces with international IT professionals.
🎉What you can count on @ dataroots as a student Data Engineer
- An attractive salary
- A high-end laptop with the latest tricks and tools
- A seasoned Data Engineer at your side to sharpen your technical knowledge.
- Tailor-made planning: ideally, we'll look for support as of ... tomorrow :) but we'll be happy to tune our agenda to yours.
- A VR game, a pizza lunch, ... After effort, relaxation comes during our team events. #workhardplayhard
- Pssst. We can't promise anything, but at Dataroots we dare to offer a permanent contract in exchange for a successful student job.Would you like to take your first steps as a Data Engineer? Awesome! Apply now and who knows, you might be kicking off your IT career at dataroots!
- You and GIT and CI/CD have had your first dates and already know each other quite well.
- You have experience with Docker.
- You get energy from test-driven data pipelines: unit testing, integration testing and data quality tests.
- You feel like getting to know new infrastructures such as Kubernetes and Terraform.
- You already have knowledge of Apache Spark, Apache Beam or Kafka. Or you want to know everything about these data processing tools.
- You have knowledge of machine learning models and look forward to learning how to integrate machine learning models into a big data infrastructure.
- You don't shudder at large amounts of data. On the contrary, you love big data.
- You are 100% committed and communicate transparently. We don't expect you to pit and present, but we do expect you to keep your supervisor up to date on your projects.
- You program smoothly with Scala or Python. New techniques like Golang? You're jumping for it.
- You are already familiar with a cloud platform, such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Azure.
- You speak English fluently. A mouthful of French or Dutch will also come in handy.
Was this list a bit much? Don't worry, we don't expect you to tick every box from the beginning. Most of all we are looking for colleagues with the same passion for personal and team development as the rest of us.